Re: Migration/Refresh tool

From: Magnus Andersen <mag.andersen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2006 17:40:55 -0800

[Quoted] That is what I thought and stated previously in this thread. It has been suggested that I merged my 4 instances/dbs that I have running on the same server to 1 instance/db. I still really like the idea since it would allow me to share resources, i.e. SGA, between the different schemas that I am now unable to do since they are all separate.

The only issue I saw was regarding the tables in the schemas being the same and that I didn't have to change the schema owner in all my applications when I migrate an application from DEV to TST. That would be a lot of overhead to have to deal with everytime a migration would need to happen. I still don't know of a way to get around that issue.

Any ideas out there since it seams to me that synonyms will not work in this case.

Thanks,
Magnus Andersen Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 02:40:55 CET

Original text of this message