Re: Migration/Refresh tool

From: Magnus Andersen <mag.andersen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2006 13:43:12 -0800

[Quoted] The other databases are development/test/Quality/training databases. The reason I want to take production data and move them down to these environments is because I have developers that over time mess the data integrity up. I'd love to every 6 months to be able to take production structure/data and make development look just like it. That way I will have up2date data and everything will be in order. The developers are making sure that they have current projects that are not yet in production available to load in the "new" development database.

I will look into Rman's cloning abilities. I would like to keep the tablespace structure simpler in the development environment if possible. This allows me to be in charge of what tablespace is being used when I migrate to production, but the developers don't need to know/think about what tablespace to use.

I hope this helps with clarification of what I'm striving for, and please if I am going about this is the wrong way don't hesitate to let me know...

Thanks again,
Magnus Andersen Received on Fri Jan 06 2006 - 22:43:12 CET

Original text of this message