Re: Migration/Refresh tool

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 09:58:37 -0800

Magnus Andersen wrote:
> Point taken... :)
>
> I have 5 dbs, DEV, TST, QTY, TRN, and PRD.
>
> They are all 9.2.0.6 running on RHEL 3 AS U4. PRD runs alone and the
> others share a server. PRD is on a HP DL580 4 CPU 4 GB RAM box and the
> others are on a HP DL 380 with 2 CPUs and 4 GB Ram.
>
> What I want to do is refresh the data/structure changes from PRD to the
> others on different intervals such as weekly, monthly, quarterly. I
> currently keep all dbs, but PRD, 10% larger than the space needed when
> I do a refresh. I have more room for growth in PRD. I also have a
> very simplified tablespace structure in the non-production dbs.
>
> Please let me know if any additional information is needed...
>
> Thanks,
> Magnus

[Quoted] First thought is that you should collapse the four databases on the single server into four schemas in a single database: Problem solved.

How much data is being moved from PRD to the others? Would a db link do it? From what you indicate it seems like something that could be done using a job scheduled to run on weekends where speed wouldn't be so much of an issue.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org