Re: Migration/Refresh tool

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:53:50 +0100

[Quoted] DA Morgan wrote:

> First thought is that you should collapse the four databases on the
> single server into four schemas in a single database: Problem solved.

Daniel,

[Quoted] do you really advocate merging production into a test/development instance?!?

And Magnus, you said you wanted to
>> What I want to do is refresh the data/structure changes from PRD to the >> others on different intervals such as weekly, monthly, quarterly.

[Quoted] Surely, you mean the other way around? Propagate changes in QTY to PRD? If not, I hope you have:

- a sound quality assurance check procedure
- good source control mechanisms
- excellent change management procedures
- RMAN documentation - look up Clone Database.
--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up... Received on Fri Jan 06 2006 - 20:53:50 CET

Original text of this message