Re: classic ora-00904 & Crystal

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 8 Nov 2005 22:35:30 -0700

DA Morgan (damorgan_at_psoug.org) wrote:
: Paul wrote:
: >
: > "MarkD" <mad_at_itstrack.com> wrote:
: >
: >
: >
: >>Im new to oracle but I do have a background in sql server.
: >>I created a view and attached it as a datasource in Crystal. I can add the
: >>fields to the report, but when I preview the report, I get "ODBC Error
: >>..... ORA-00904: invalid identifier". I've been looking for a solution for
: >>a few days and no one seems to know.
: >
: > Can you access the data using Excel?
: >
: > Have you tried putting your fieldnames in quotes? Are you using any
: > reserved words in your schema?
: >
: > Paul...
: >
: >>Mark D

: What does Excel have to do with anything?

Excel is a useful tool for debugging Oracle / ODBC access problems. Received on Wed Nov 09 2005 - 06:35:30 CET

Original text of this message