Re: classic ora-00904 & Crystal

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:02:18 -0800

Paul wrote:

> "MarkD" <mad_at_itstrack.com> wrote:

[Quoted] [Quoted] >>Im new to oracle but I do have a background in sql server.
>>I created a view and attached it as a datasource in Crystal. I can add the
>>fields to the report, but when I preview the report, I get "ODBC Error
>>.....   ORA-00904: invalid identifier". I've been looking for a solution for
>>a few days and no one seems to know.

> Can you access the data using Excel?
>
> Have you tried putting your fieldnames in quotes? Are you using any
> reserved words in your schema?
>
> Paul...
>
>>Mark D

What does Excel have to do with anything?

[Quoted] Your response reminds me of the old joke about the airplane pilot knowing he was over Redmond Washington because the answer he received to a question was 100% correct and also 100% useless.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org