Re: classic ora-00904 & Crystal

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:16:40 +0000

[Quoted] "MarkD" <mad_at_itstrack.com> wrote:

> Im new to oracle but I do have a background in sql server.
> I created a view and attached it as a datasource in Crystal. I can add the
> fields to the report, but when I preview the report, I get "ODBC Error
> ..... ORA-00904: invalid identifier". I've been looking for a solution for
> a few days and no one seems to know.

[Quoted] Can you access the data using Excel?

[Quoted] Have you tried putting your fieldnames in quotes? Are you using any reserved words in your schema?

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.