Re: Weird 10g SQL*Plus error

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2005 03:02:26 -0700

Jeremy Russell wrote:
> I'm experiencing a weird error when using the SQL*Plus 'clear screen'
> command in Oracle 10g Release 2 on Windows XP.
>
> Issuing the command causes SQL*Plus to abort, with a nice invitation
> to advise Microsoft about the problem. I'm thinking they won't care,
> therefore I figured I'd ask here if anyone knows what might cause this
> and how to stop it.
>
> Clicking the link to see more about the report that might be sent to
> Microsoft shows a failure in
>
> AppName: sqlplus.exe ModName: oranls10.dll
>
> There's lots more info available but before posting it, I wondered if
> there was a quick fix (other than 'don't use Windows!').

I get a similar issue on win2003. clear screen in sqlplus.exe just terminates sqlplus. sqlplusw doesn't seem to suffer the same issue.

[Quoted] oranls10.dll looks rather like a language dll to me. I wonder if you have the system locale set to english rather than american. I'd agree with the suggestion to log a tar.

Of course one could argue that it is clearing the screen! Received on Mon Sep 19 2005 - 12:02:26 CEST

Original text of this message