Re: supress connected message

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:45:45 +0200

Noel schrieb:

> Użytkownik alsemgeest_at_it4us.nl napisał:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to supress the "Connected." message after connecting to a db.
>> This is because I use a script like:
>>
>> spool myoutput.txt
>> connect scott_at_mydb1/tiger
>> select instance_name, version from v$instance;
>> connect scott_at_mydb2/tiger
>> select instance_name, version from v$instance;
>> connect scott_at_mydb3/tiger
>> select instance_name, version from v$instance;
>> spool off
>>
>> I don't want the lines 'Connected.' in between my output.
>>
>> How to accomplish this? Thanks for any help.
>>

> You could try SET TERMOUT OFF after spool command.

TERMOUT OFF doesn't suppress "connected" message if you connect from within sqlplus. You can consider to connect from the commandline instead, then "SILENT" option will suppress this message ( sqlplus -s scott/tiger_at_mydb )

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Sep 19 2005 - 13:45:45 CEST

Original text of this message