Re: oracle 10g tune up on linux

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:52:57 +0200

On 13 Sep 2005 11:33:35 -0700, "Moe" <mwahidi_at_emanagelaw.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have oracle 10g cluster running on two nodes and oracle 10g one
>instance running on a third box. All the boxes are redhat linux 3.0.
>I'm having performnce issues with my linux boxes although i have enough
>hardware resources (RAM, DISK SPACE and CPU). Any suggestions on tuning
>up oracle on linux?
>
>Thanks
>
>Moe

The best approach to tackle this kind of issue is to find out what resource your database is waiting for.
Right now, your question is too broad and too vague, and can be summarized as 'it doesn't work'. You may have incorrect database parameter settings, but you don't disclose them. There are no details about your hardware configuration.
You seem to be heading in the direction of the so-called 'Silver bullet tuning'. In your case probably something like 'If I just crank up the buffer cache, all may problems are going away like snow before the sun'. Cracking up the buffer cache, it is quite easy to force your server into heavy page-faulting. If you want this kind of advice, I can tell you this is not going to work.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA