Re: open_cursor count keeps growing

From: Moe <mwahidi_at_emanagelaw.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2005 11:28:21 -0700

I talked to oracle support and they were telling me that open cursor count = 4000 does not mean they are in use and that oracle leave them for reuse. so my question was to the support guy is how do i find out what cursors are being really used. He will get back to me on that cause he did not have an answer.
[Quoted] Is this how oracle behaves? . Should the open cursor count drop when the sql command is done executing?
Im doing select * from v$open_cursor to check count and it seems that this does not tell me what cursors are being used. Any suggestions? Received on Thu Sep 15 2005 - 20:28:21 CEST

Original text of this message