Re: Queueing System for Oracle Database

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_not_here.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:27:06 -0400

[Quoted] Oracle's "AQ" product is bundled with the database, but it ultimately writes messages to a DB table, so it might not be fast enough.

How much data are we talking and how fast? If you've got the memory you could just load it all up into RAM, and transfer it to the DB after. If you don't have the memory you will need to put it to disk.

You might want to look in the the "Times Ten" DB that Oracle recently bought, which does some form of in-core DB. I have not actually used it, but its downloadable from OTN.

--Peter