Re: Forms Installation

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:06:11 -0700

Pat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Oracle 8i in WinXP and try to install Oracle Forms in the
> same machine.
> However, it doesn't allow me to install Oracle Forms to the same Oracle Home
> as the DB.
>
> The impact is if I installed Oracle Forms in a different folder, all
> register settings will
> be changed to the new Oracle Home which I won't be able to startup the DB
> again.
>
> Any clue ? Does it allow to install both DB and development tools in same
> pc?
>
> Thx.

The first clue should be that if Oracle designed its installation to require separate homes then that is the way it works.

I've no idea why you think thousands and thousands of people who are successfully using this tool the way it was designed are irrelevant to your desire to use a single Oracle home.

I works as designed. Really. Just following the installation instructions. ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org