Re: Forms Installation

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:25:45 GMT

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:40:46 +0800, Pat interested us by writing:

> However, it doesn't allow me to install Oracle Forms to the same Oracle Home
> as the DB.

The installer will not allow this if there is an inventory mismatch or if loading the stuff into the same home will clobber the existing software.

Use separate home! Much easier than attempting to debug a crippled database instance when RSFs are damaged. (Think about current Windows environment when an applicaiton replaces DLLs used by a different application ... generally causes BSODs)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com