Re: dbDeveloper

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 27 Aug 2005 09:07:33 -0800

bagieta (user_at_unknown.net) wrote:

(more top posting)

: >
: > I can't find anything in the charter that excludes commercial prodcuts from
: > this ng. Am I missing it, or is it supposed to be some sort of general
: > understanding?
: >
: >
: >

: So Sybrand, maybe will you explain me why you call my post a spam? Maybe
: it is you who make a low here. Hmmm no, such a jerk couldn't do any
: responsible post. So next time when you want to call someone a spammer
: first read the charter by yourself.

Commercial products are not excluded by the charter, quite the opposite in fact.

_However_, the charter does clearly and unambiguously say the group is for "discussion". The original post was "advertising". Advertising is not discussion.

At this point, in previous threads, some people have said the charter does not exclude advertising, and in response I point out that it also does not exclude discussion of micro-biology or mythology, or an infinite number of other topics either. The charter does not need to _exclude_ advertising or these other topics because it has already said exactly what is _included_ (which didn't include advertsising). Received on Sat Aug 27 2005 - 19:07:33 CEST

Original text of this message