Re: dbDeveloper

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:46:45 GMT

[Quoted] "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1125164893.431651_at_yasure...
> Randy Harris wrote:
>
> > I can't find anything in the charter that excludes commercial prodcuts
from
> > this ng. Am I missing it, or is it supposed to be some sort of general
> > understanding?
>
> That which is not INcluded is EXcluded. Reread the charter.
>
> Surely you don't expect us to name every possible exclusion. Or if you
> do then perhaps we should specifically exclude any mention of the smell
> of rotting dead fish on the beach in Trinidad at 11:44am on a Sunday.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Daniel,

[Quoted] The reply that I received earlier from Malcom seemed, to me, eminently reasonable and understandable. I now see the distinction between "discussing" a tool and "advertising" one. I should have discerned that distinction from the earlier post by Ed Prochak. Guess I didn't read it carefully enough.

I did, however, reread the charter as you suggested, and the product that was the focus of the launch of this thread is indeed specifically "INcluded".

Quote from charter:
This group includes but is not limited to articles discussing applications and topics such as the following:

  a.. Oracle Developer 2000 (Forms, Reports, Graphics)   b.. Designer 2000
/EndQuote

Clearly, discussion of that tool, as Malcom suggested, falls within the context of that charter.

Randy Harris Received on Sat Aug 27 2005 - 20:46:45 CEST

Original text of this message