Re: sql*plus limits user variable length to 240

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:50:04 +0100

nekolim_at_gmail.com wrote:

>I read that SQL*Plus has a limitation on the user's variable/parameter
>for the Stored Procedure to 240 characters. Is there anyway to increase
>this max length?

>I pass in a variable of type varchar2 from a Korn script through
>sql*plus. This variable is actually 1129 long. SQL*Plus throws an error
>that this is too long. Please advise if the SQL*Plus session can be set
>to have longer variable length.

  1. As Daniel suggested, RTM.

and/or

B) Change the Korn script so that it doesn't return a ridiculously long variable name.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.