sql*plus limits user variable length to 240

From: <nekolim_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2005 03:42:28 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I read that SQL*Plus has a limitation on the user's variable/parameter [Quoted] [Quoted] for the Stored Procedure to 240 characters. Is there anyway to increase this max length?

[Quoted] [Quoted] I pass in a variable of type varchar2 from a Korn script through [Quoted] sql*plus. This variable is actually 1129 long. SQL*Plus throws an error [Quoted] that this is too long. Please advise if the SQL*Plus session can be set to have longer variable length.

Thank you. Received on Mon Jul 04 2005 - 12:42:28 CEST

Original text of this message