Re: sql*plus limits user variable length to 240

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:07:52 GMT

nekolim_at_gmail.com wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I read that SQL*Plus has a limitation on the user's variable/parameter
> for the Stored Procedure to 240 characters.

Read where? Please cite URL.

> Is there anyway to increase this max length?

Yes

> I pass in a variable of type varchar2 from a Korn script through

What OS name & version?
What version of Oracle to 4 decimal places.

> sql*plus. This variable is actually 1129 long. SQL*Plus throws an error
> that this is too long.

Error? What error. I don't see any error. It would be most helpful if you actually showed EXACTLY what yuo are doing and EXACTLY how Oracle is reposnding.

> Please advise if the SQL*Plus session can be set
> to have longer variable length.
>
> Thank you.

SET LONG 32000
might help, then again it might not. Received on Mon Jul 04 2005 - 16:07:52 CEST

Original text of this message