Re: Using Perl with Oracle 10G on Windows

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:49:39 GMT

Rauf Sarwar wrote:

> Bob T wrote:

[...]
>>I would like to try using only the Perl that comes with oracle, so that
>>I don't introduce version problems.

[...]
>>I need to be able to associate files of type *.pl with the perl
>>program.
>>Does anyone knwo what I need to do so that I can call a perl program
>>from a command line and have it find and use the version from Oracle?

[...]
> 1) Open Windows explorer
> 2) On the menu click Tools -> Folder Options...
[...]

This is more of a Perl question than an Oracle question, so I've removed the cross-posting to multiple groups, at least.

Try the following built-in Windows command, which conveniently tells you what to do for Perl scripts:

ftype /?

Or, in the following directory for your Oracle install, try the pl2bat.bat file

Oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1\perl\5.6.1\bin\pl2bat.bat

This will allow you to explicitly put the fully qualified path of the perl executable you wish to use directly in your script, just like the shebang (#!) facility of most Unix shells.

-Mark Bole Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 16:49:39 CEST

Original text of this message