Re: Oracle Developer Install

From: raydelex <prmatteson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 May 2005 13:05:42 -0700

What manual?
[Quoted] I am getting the following error in an install log files: if anyone can help me make sense out of this error or can decipher the problem from this, it would be much appreciated, as I need to get Oracle Forms up and running for a class I am taking:

oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilNativeException: ErrorReadingWindowsRegistry

at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.osd.win32.OiipwWin32NativeCalls.GetAllOracleHomeKeys(Native Method)
at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiip.oiipg.OiipgOracleHomes.getHomeKey(OiipgOracleHomes.java:1034) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession.updateOracleHome(OiicInstallSession.java:2025) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession.updateInventoryWithHomes(OiicInstallSession.java:1548) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession.setupAccessObjects(OiicInstallSession.java:1425) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstAccessSetupWCCE.initialize(OiicInstAccessSetupWCCE.java:255) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:135) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:907) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:217) at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:388) at
oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.runInstaller(OiicInstaller.java:663) at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:575)

Again, I am running Oracle 10g Personal Edition on WinXP Professional.
>From this error it sounds as though something is wrong in my Registry [Quoted]
entry for Oracle?!?!?!!....... Received on Tue May 31 2005 - 22:05:42 CEST

Original text of this message