Re: Free Oracle Schema Documentation Tool

From: Alex Molochnikov <NOBODY_at_NOSPAM.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:27:58 GMT

"GreyBeard" <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.02.17.14.17.18.910385_at_gmail.com...
> As I remember it, you announced the availability of the beta. Slightly
> different than asking for help in evaluating the product. Sadly, you came
> in when there was a rash of announcements (seems like a 6 month cycle) and
> tempers got out of hand on both sides.

Just for the record, a quote from that old post:

"...We are looking for beta-testers for our new product - Scribe Report Generator...
...We offer a free license to everyone who provides us with a feedback on bugs, inconsistencies, or constructive criticism that helps us refine Scribe."

You can check Google to verify.

> You also argued vehemently when some of us gave suggestions on the core
> design. Especially when we stated that the techniques for approaching
> Oracle need to be different than for some other products, due to internal
> locking mechanisms.

No idea what you are talking about. The core design of Scribe was never discussed on the NG. Only flames over the fact that the post was made.

> I have to ask - how do you know that the chosen few are not representative
> of the silent majority?

Because nobody appointed them. Because the majority is still silent.

> I'm not on your 'bad guy' list (yet), however I ask you not to do this.
> How many of us need to pipe up for you to recognize that this community
> does not appreciate ads here, especially when there is a forum for ads?

See above. The "community" does not care. Only a few zealots do.

> That said - I've already wasted too much bandwidth on this topic. Final
> rebuttal is yours. <sigh>

Good. Hopefully, this useless thread will die a natural death, and the self-appointed guardians of the NG purity will start doing something productive, to justify their paychecks. Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 20:27:58 CET

Original text of this message