Re: Free Oracle Schema Documentation Tool

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2005 12:06:37 -0800

Alex Molochnikov wrote:
> "Ed Prochak" <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com> wrote in message
> > ...the group concensus is that any posts
> > promoting products should be in the marketplace group and are off
topic
> > in the other ORACLE groups.
>
> The "group" whose consensus is quoted here is made of:
>
> yourself
> DA Morgan
> Sybbrand Baker
> David Fitzjarrell
>
> One must assume that these individuals represent the opinions of
several
> hundred people who post in this (and other) Oracle-related groups.

Other than you and maybe one other person, I have not seen any posts to the contrary. The list of those desiring to have ads posted in Marketplace and not in the other three oracle groups is much longer than what you post above. Perhaps we are just more frequent in responding to the off topic stuff, but certainly not alone.

> I responded to you before in private, as well as publicly, and I will
say it
> again: any post that has to do with Oracle, is appropriate in any NG.
Those
> who do not care to read it, will ignore it - the heading says it all.

So how about posting some positve responses on threads instead of rants?
try heeding your own advice.

> ... In the
> meantime, you and other like-minded zealots (see the list above)
create an
> avalanche of posts, extending the thread ad nauseum, wasting your own
> (apparently rather cheap) and other readers' time, in an effort to
enforce
> unenforceable.
>
> This is Usenet. It does not belong to you. Sorry.

yes this is usenet. So since this is an unmoderated group, I cannot stop OFF TOPIC posts EXCEPT to point them out and hope the poster can be persuaded. That is what I've done.

 You have demonstrated that you do no wish to learn or follow the norms of these groups. That is your choice. I would suggest you try making positive contributions but you have chosen a different path. You prefer to annoy and harrass potential customers. I hope you are happy with your choice.

sincerely,
  Ed Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 21:06:37 CET

Original text of this message