Re: There are no Oracle gurus!

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:29:49 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1106766332.755125_at_yasure...

> My apology for each and every typographical and grammatical
> error made here, there, or everywhere. This is bloody meaningless
> and I can't believe you are prolonging it so I am kill filing the
> thread.
>
> I have simply asked you to be courteous. To not post unsolicited
> comments about DB2 in an Oracle usenet group except in response
> to an existing thread that refers to DB2.
>
> If you can not understand this due to some English to English
> translation problem then please just let it drop.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan

I am a DBA who uses both DB2 and Oracle (although I will admit that I work more with DB2). I don't need to wait for someone to ask me (or solicit me) before I post to an Oracle thread.

The post I made concerned a TPC benchmark (an organization which Oracle is an enthusiastic and long-standing member) which specifically included information about Oracle, both in the subject and the text of my post.

Unbeknownst to me, you posted the exact same information (along with your editorial comments about IBM) in the same newsgroup before I did. So your comments are "solicited" and mine are "not solicited"? This is shear hypocrisy, and not very courteous.

BTW, I was not criticizing your grammar or typographical errors just to be argumentative. Your statements simply made no sense to me, and I asked for clarification or rewording (without the errors) so that I could understand what you are talking about. Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 20:29:49 CET

Original text of this message