Re: There are no Oracle gurus!

From: <sky_diver__at_excite.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2005 08:55:22 -0800

Ed Prochak wrote:
> for (B)
> If you browsed back a bit, you'd see that the regulars have all
> received this critism before. It's just not needed.

Obviously it WAS needed.

> Daniel can be harsh at times, but he has seen a LOT of the crap
> produced by ORACLE wannabes, who try to jump from using MS ACCESS or
> SQL Server.

There's that holier-than-thou attitude again. Is there such thing as an Oracle wannabes? Or is this just Oracle users inflating their own self-worth.

> And there are definitely a significant number of students
> that try to get their work done for them here.

And who really cares. Its not their job to ensure that students aren't cheating. That is just another cheap excuse used by people who don't know the answer.

> I will say this about recent threads. The quality of the Questions
> seems to have gone way down.

Just simply puts them on par with the quality of answers.

> Meanwhile I suggest you keep reading here. Judge the answers in the
> context of the questions (and other spam that's made its way into
> here). One good question will often get a stream of good answers.
> have a nice day.
> Ed

Thanks Ed, but I think I will move on to where there is more exchanging of ideas and less ego massaging. Received on Mon Jan 24 2005 - 10:55:22 CST