Oracle Database Installation Information

From: Archit <archit.shivaprakash_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2005 23:26:24 -0800

Hi,
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have been tasked with developing an application that would be [Quoted] responsible for discovering information about Oracle database instance(s) that exist in a given environment. I am talking about an app that when launched, would go into some sort of a discover mode (on say specific machines based on IP addresses) and pull up information about Oracle instances on them.
I am totally clueless as to how I should be tackling this problem. I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me towards an Oracle API wgich I can query to get information on an Oracle instance. The language I will be using and all the other good stuff is still fluid. I am at an analysis stage right now.
Thanx in advance.
Best,
-Archit Received on Sun Jan 09 2005 - 08:26:24 CET

Original text of this message