HTML DB

From: Lee <lee_at_jamtoday.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:15:06 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I suppose this is the right place to bring up HTML DB (its a "tool", no? )

Has anybody started using it?

Whats the recommended way to break the ice learning how to build applications with it.? I'm pretty comfortable with pl/sql and I used to use Sql Forms, both the old fashioned character mode and the newer GUI tool, so I'm not *totally* without clue. Still, I find the interface far from self explanatory.

 I see some "how to" documents and some tutorials on the OTN site, but some of the "how to"s assume you already know a whole lot about the systems mechanics.

I went through one tutorial which didnt really ring the gong...too much "Click here, enter that there" with no explanation of why that , why then, and whats happening under the covers. As I was going through the silly thing I kept thinking ..."If I were building my own application without this handy-dandy guide in front of me, I would completely stuck at this point. Why the blazes are we clicking here and what the heck is it all about"

I see Oracle Press has a book on offer , but according to Amazon its not expected to be available till Nov 05, so dont really expect it till 06.

Anybody have any recomendations as to Tutorials, papers, manuals, whatever, that will help me get up to speed? Received on Sun Jan 09 2005 - 05:15:06 CET

Original text of this message