Re: Oracle on Windows Server Vs Xp-Pro

From: Newton Bolton <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:06:43 -0600

[Quoted] Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> Newton Bolton wrote:
>

>> More Eula:
>> "You may permit a maximum of ten (10) ("Connection Maximum")
>> computers or other electronic devices (each a "Device") to connect to the
>> COMPUTER to utilize one or more of the following services of
>> the SOFTWARE: File services, Print services, Internet
>> Information services, and remote access (including connection
>> sharing and telephony services)." ... [..SNIP..] ... This ten
>> connection maximum does not apply to any other uses of the Product."
>>
>> ===========================
>>
>> My interpretation of this is that Oracle database connections are NOT
>> limited by this clause at all, because it is not in the list of things
>> that ARE limited ( assuming you interpret "Remote Access" to mean MS
>> remote access virtual desktop software, which is the way I interpret it.
>>
>> --Newt
>

> I don't know what EULA you are quoting, and it would help to be
> specific. Mine is from my current laptop XP Pro SP2 installation and
> does not read as you have it above. Mine says, as I quoted earlier:

[Quoted] I am quoting from c:\windows\system32\eula.txt 41KB file dated 8/21/2002.

[Quoted] There are 8 other smaller eula.txt files on my laptop, all of which seem to be "supplemental eulas". My system is an IBM Thinkpad T40, 9 months old, running XP-Pro, and includes the SP2 update. Maybe the Eula terms

   are randomly generated??

--NB Received on Thu Dec 23 2004 - 22:06:43 CET

Original text of this message