Oracle Reports 9.0.4.33 and printers on Windows 2003 cluster

From: Vito Maltese <vito.maltese_at_consilium.eu.int>
Date: 10 Dec 2004 02:24:42 -0800

Since we moved some printer queues on a Windows 2003 cluster we have a problem for printing with Oracle Reports 9.0.4.33.

When we try to print using the path to the printer via the virtual node (\\virtualnodehostname\printer) we have this error:

REP-713: Invalid printer name '\\virtualnodehostname\printer' specified by parameter DESNAME

When the same printer, a HP LJ 4050 using a PCL5e driver, is defined on the physical node it works.

Our Windows 2003 cluster configuration is a "lonewolf", so it's a single node cluster using 3 virtual hostnames.

Thanks for any possible help,
Vito Received on Fri Dec 10 2004 - 11:24:42 CET

Original text of this message