Re: Oracle9iAS oc4j.jar and http-web-site.xml on Solaris8

From: Sander <news_at_sander.g-cutthisout-oudswaard.cx>
Date: 06 Oct 2004 12:54:17 GMT

alfienorks_at_hotmail.com (Alfie Norks) wrote in news:71e2739.0410051419.72993955_at_posting.google.com:

> Ok - I've now given up with Oracle9iAS and I'm looking at OracleAS 10g
> (still on Solaris 8).

[...]

You are confusing the standalone edition of OC4J with an entire OracleAS installation.

Your starting point for OC4J only should be: http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/oc4j/index.html

Download the software at:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/ias/htdocs/utilsoft.html

Note the small download. Unzip it, and it runs within minutes - no installer and long install process needed! The 'java -jar...' command you executed belongs to this kind of release, not to what you have running now.

Sander

--
Disclaimer:

The opinions expressed here are strictly my own.
Reproduction of this message outside Usenet, including replication to Web
sites, is strictly prohibited (X-No-Archive).