Re: Oracle9iAS oc4j.jar and http-web-site.xml on Solaris8

From: Sander <>
Date: 06 Oct 2004 12:54:17 GMT

> Ok - I've now given up with Oracle9iAS and I'm looking at OracleAS 10g
> (still on Solaris 8).

You are confusing the standalone edition of OC4J with an entire OracleAS installation.

Your starting point for OC4J only should be:

Download the software at:

Note the small download. Unzip it, and it runs within minutes - no installer and long install process needed! The 'java -jar...' command you executed belongs to this kind of release, not to what you have running now.

The opinions expressed here are strictly my own.
Reproduction of this message outside Usenet, including replication to Web
sites, is strictly prohibited (X-No-Archive).