Oracle9iAS oc4j.jar and http-web-site.xml on Solaris8

From: Alfie Norks <alfienorks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2004 10:10:19 -0700

I'm trying to install Oracle9iAS on Solaris 8 to try out an app.EAR I've had supplied from someone.

I've messed about installing Oracle9iAS Enterprise through the
(runInstaller) "Oracle Universal Installer" and spent a certain amount
of time looking for an oc4j directory that was supposed to exist. Then I spotted that I have to install "Oracle Container for J2EE" from the Core Edition instead of the Enterprise Edition. (Why doesn't Enterprise come with this?!!). Fine - I did that too.

Then I find that the area that the Core Edition builds is named "J2EE_containers" and not oc4j.... but I'm going to assume that these are the same things. Right?

Right.. now... my installation instructions state that I need to"java -jar oc4j.jar -install" from ocj4/j2ee/home... firstly does anyone know what this does?... secondly - my Solaris install does not have an oc4j.jar file... and looking around I've seen similar instructions stating that they use "java -jar orion.jar -install"... is orion.jar the same thing (perhaps a Solaris version)?

.. Then my install instructions say I should look at http-web-site.xml in the oc4j/j2ee/home/config directory. I don't have an http-web-site.xml file. Where is this file supposed to be - and/or where does it come from? Does Solaris use this file?

Then my instructions tell me to deploy the EAR using "java -jar oc4j.jar" (a.k.a. "java -jar orion.jar"?).. which when run throws out an error stating "Error unpacking: IO Error: error in opening zip file" "Fatal Error: Transaction log file
(...oc4j/home/persistence/transaction.stat) did not exist and was not
possible to create....". Is this an error because of my installation, my orion.jar/oc4j.jar issue, or something else.

Lots of problems. Any ideas?

Thanks
Alfie Received on Fri Oct 01 2004 - 19:10:19 CEST

Original text of this message