Oracle Forms 6i - Dynamically manipulation of List Elements...but how?

From: Slarti <1012-873_at_gmx.de>
Date: 4 Aug 2004 07:01:22 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] i have to customize some forms modules. And no idea how to handle this case.

All right, what happens:

  1. WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE triggers creates a new Record Group (CREATE_GROUP_FROM_QUERY) and populate it (POPULATE_GROUP) from database. Shortly after the designated List Item is populated (POPULATE_LIST) based on the Record Group
    => Now we have a List Item with following values "A, B, G, N"
  2. Assume something special happens, whatever. Then List value 'G' is not needed and must be "disabled"
    => LOV still owns values "A, B, N"
  3. After the business transaction succeeds or fails, a new transaction can be started in this form (so it's not needes to leave or restart it)
    => LOV must have its old database values "A, B, G, N"

What is the best way to handle this situation? Any idea?

I tried DELETE_LIST_ITEM, but do not know how to get the list value index dynamically, because i only know the value "G" but not the index when it is populated from database. Received on Wed Aug 04 2004 - 16:01:22 CEST

Original text of this message