Re: OMLETv4: The Ultimate Oracle Usenet Group SPAMMER

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 21:57:15 -0700

Van Messner wrote:

> Seems to me this guy is very effective. There are a few who simply cannot
> resist responding to every post he makes. This quickly turns his posts into
> some of the longer threads on the forum - which in turn attracts more
> readers.

That may be true. But I see myself engaged in a denial-of-service attack.

I don't want anyone to visit his web site and give him financial reward for his lack of civility nor do I want any other would-be spammer to think they will be treated more cheritably.

Does it work? Who can say. But one thing's for sure. The bad egg's source of frustration is obvious. With his manners he isn't getting any. And I leave it to you and others to figure out whether 'any' is a euphemism for business success.

One thing is for sure ... he has a remarkable lack of maturity and manners. No doubt a reflection on his family and community.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington