Re: Free database tools announcements - invitation to discussion

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 11:44:47 -0700

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<CNCdnfL9r6kC6UXdRVn-sQ_at_comcast.com>...
> Hello David,
>

> > > The only condition is that the announced tool stays free forever.
> > >

> > And how, pray tell, do you propose we enforce that?
> >
> > IMHO what's actually needed is comp.databases.oracle.announce ....
> >
> > David Rolfe
>
> I agree that announce/freetools group can be a great idea. Question is if,
> when and how it can be implemented.
>
> In regards to the "honesty" system - Surprisingly most of the people are
> honest - best proof of this is EBAY's success.

Funny that you tout Ebay's success while lawsuits are being brought against them for sale of counterfeit items, in particular Tiffany jewelry.

> And if someone presents "free" tool and would try to sell it later - to
> whom?
The people not locked into using that tool and anxious for the next update.
Can you say REDHAT?

> He would ruin his face in your eyes and in eyes of thousands DBAs who are
> using this forum. Not just for this tool. For all tools he would produce in
> the future.

But would he care as he travels to the bank?

> Please, let me know if this make sense.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron
> Support
> DBA Infopower LLC
> http://www.dba-ip.com

Okay, here's me letting you know: your posting DOESN'T make sense!!

Ed Prochak Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 20:44:47 CEST

Original text of this message