From LAN to Web !!!

From: ptreves <ptreves_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 23 Jun 2004 13:02:29 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am currently running an Oracle 8.0.5 Database about 1.2 GigaBytes in size on a Novell 5.1 server.

  1. I want to migrate to a Linux Red Hat 8 Server (I know that I have [Quoted] to upgrade to Linus Red Hat Enterprise 3 (ES)) No questions about that. [Quoted]
  2. I want to upgrade from a 8.0.5 Database to a 9i database. I have heard there are 3 possible ways of doing this: directly by import/export, going to 8.0.6 then 9i or going to 8i and then 9i. What do you think is best ? and why ? [Quoted]
  3. I want to go from a Client/Server architecture with about 8 clients [Quoted] to a Web architecture. I have heard that I would need to purchase iAS (Internet Application Server) in order to manage multiple Forms/Reports request at the same time. What can iAS do that I cannot do with Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i ?

[Quoted] [Quoted] Also, my current Oracle Forms/Reports application uses Parameter Forms and is based on the RUN_PRODUCT builds. Going to 9i with iAS, what kind of modifications should I expect to do to my Oracle Forms/Reports to goto a Web based application ? I have heard that I might have to modify some Report Triggers ?

[Quoted] [Quoted] My Oracle Forms/Reports is developped in Oracle Forms/Reports 6i. Would I need to rewrite my application for Oracle 9i ?

Your feedback is appreciated,

Regards,

PT Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 22:02:29 CEST

Original text of this message