Re: Sysload SPAMS Usenet Groups

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:24:42 -0800

Bib Endum wrote:

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> a écrit dans le message de
>

>>Please post an apology and then repost your commercial message in the
>>appropriate usenet group which is: comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.
>>

> Just an idea:
>
> Problem with most of those _at_#?*! spammers, is that they generally use a
> progam to post to newsgroups, so they really dont give a damn if we are all
> frustrated. We should start a web site with all company names that spams the
> newsgroups. That would be a nice project. A kind of black list of spamming
> companies.
>
> Newgroups/internet users could post company names, company's web site proof
> (Usenet message/thread) to the black list administrator. If your company can
> prove that it was illegally blacklisted you could ask the admin to remove it
> at it's discretion. There could also be a number of "points" awarded to the
> number of complaints we received from one particular company.
>
> User could search for spamming companies and boycott these.
>
> We have "dophin friendly" tuna, we could have "newsgroups friendly
> companies" :-)

An excellent idea and I will support it as follows:

The Puget Sound Oracle Users Group will host a page, beginning with the very next spammer, that lists every company that spams these usenet groups.

That's the first step. The second is for people that care about fighting spammers to use that list as a black-list and not visit these organization's web sites and not purchase their products.

Ok spammers ... fair warning has been given.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)