Re: Does Oracle 10g make the Application Server (almost) insignificant?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:16:55 +0100

[Quoted] On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:26:04 -0800, "Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote:

>Hello Daniel,
>
> Not having real life experience does not gives a right to flame.
>
> Why don't you accept that things exist that bigger that Sybrand(or you in
>a fact) can imagine.
>
> I myself (not at dbainfopower) currently work at site that serves 50
>Billion (50E9) logical reads a day.
>
> I do not discuss Sybrant's (or mine) Oracle DBA skills. He may be a fine
>DBA fellow, but he is very limited to his own experience.
>
>Ron

Please stop the insults. If I would have been an US citizen, I would sue for your assertion I have no real world experience. I would win the case in 5 seconds, and you would look ridiculous, even more ridiculous than your are already looking now. It is always the same with you: as soon as you stand corrected you resort to insult your opponents, just like the Niemics, Burlesons, and Aults of this world always do. Probably the main thing you learned as a DBA is how to cover your ass. And even in that you fail miserably by resorting to made up crap.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA