Re: choices regarding where to place code - in the database or middletier

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 26 Jan 2004 09:13:17 -0800

[Quoted] "Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<400e5175$0$4048$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> Minor correction: two-tier client-server is dead. Multi-tier is STILL client-server!

[Quoted] Indeed, it is all client-server. Tiers are physical, not logical. There are only two logical tiers: the client and the server.

> Not that I agree: now that we finally have the gear (CPU and memory) and network
> bandwidth to make two-tier viable, what does this industry go and do? It kills it.

[Quoted] Two tier was always viable, but the current DBMSs are fatally flawed.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 18:13:17 CET

Original text of this message