Re: Form Builder: can not connect do database

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 06:42:33 -0700

highland wrote:

> Hello
> I have oracle9i, working database (i can connect to it using
> SqlPlus, or make backup using exp). I can not connect to that database
> from Form Builder/COnnect. The problem is propably in DataBase name
> field, usuallly in SqlPlus when i typed there MYBASE (my database
> name) i could connect without probles, but here i can not. I found in
> help that this field should be:
> "network_protocol:network_node:database_name", so i tried:
> 1521:10.0.3.11:MYBASE but it did not help too.
>
> COuld anybody help ?
>
> Thanx
> Michal

The Oracle client connecting to the database and Oracle Forms are in different Oracle Homes.
You need to find Form's copy of tnsnames.ora and insert an entry for the database ... or alternatively ...
create an environment variables TNS_ADMIN and point it to the copy that already has the correct
entries.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu