Re: Progress Bar in Reports.

From: <bsc7080mqc_at_mylxp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:07:01 -0400

Just my 1/2 cent input... I don't think there is a connection through standard functionality. Consider droping a record count into a table and then allow the form to poll that table in order to provide data to build your progress bar.

However for it to be useful, I think you would need to know what your expected record count will be. You could base this from previous history possibly.

On 22 Sep 2003 00:42:54 -0700, playmaker_at_iname.com (Playmaker) wrote:

>First of all I would like to thank you for your quick response.
>
>I am sorry but I just don't seem to quite grasp what you are saying.
>I have created a form which in turn calls the report and passes the
>corresponding parameters to this report. Once the report is triggered
>through the form, the control is given to the report. In order for the
>progress bar to exist in the form, there must be a way to know before
>hand how many records the report is going to fetch, correct? In
>addition to this, there should also exist some kind of continuous
>communication among the form and the report in order to update the
>progress bar. Is that possible or am I missing something?
>
>Thanks again for your time.

MylxHQ - Oracle Resource Portal
http://oracle.mylxhq.com
bsc7080mqc_at_mylxhp.com
(replace mylxhp with mylxhq to reply/contact) Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 14:07:01 CEST

Original text of this message