Re: I can attach in SQL Server, but can I in Oracle?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:45:58 +0200

[Quoted] On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:50:02 GMT, "Ron Fluegge" <rmflugge_at_swbell.net> wrote:

>However, if you were a "developer" you would know that it is also absurd to
>create two different versions of an application to support two or more data
>sources. That's the whole purpose behind a "data layer" in a multi-tiered
>application ... my datalayer IS WORKING with all of the 5 data sources
>listed below. So I do apparently know more than you do about application
>development. (now stepping off of soap box).

I admit most developers are usually damn arrogant, especially when their expertise is with sql-server. They always know better, and consequently they deliver applications that always conform to the first principle of building a non-scalable Oracle application: they don't use bind variables. Obviously your application is no exception. To state you know more about application development must be considered as what you intend it is: a blatant insult. I have been in this field for 17 years, and I *know* what I am talking about, and you obviously *don't*

If you really were a developer you would know it is absurd to develop for a platform you have zero knowledge off. But then you are just 'smart', which comes down to stubborn and stupid.

You know better, so you will soon find yourself in hell, like all the other arrogant sql-server 'developers'

And now please get lost

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 22:45:58 CEST

Original text of this message