Re: Oracle Application Architecture

From: wegorz <wegorz_at_usun.poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:17:51 +0100

> I have oracle application (e-busiess) 11.5.3 and oracle DB 8.1.6 running
on
> one HP box and it is overloaded. I have a chance to use an AIX (IBM
UNIX)
> box to split the apps from the DB. To move the DB to AIX I need to
upgrade
> the 8.1.7.4.
>
> Question - what do folks think about splitting the Oracle Apps from the
> Database and putting the Apps on one server OS and the Database on
another.
> I know it will require testing - but how much more can it be just due to
the
> OS difference. Gezz, what is everyone/anyone opinion of splitting like
> this anyway - I am really stuck and only have an AIX box to work with.
> Suggestions????

Hi,
It is definitely good idea but... think WHY is HP box overloaded? Did you do some tuning analysis? Maybe problem is in wrong-written SQL queries? Maybe there is bottleneck on disk? Maybe it is swapping because of lack of RAM? There is a lot of questions...

You can kill _every_ machine with unoptimized application. Try Spotlight for Oracle (there is 30-day trial) if you do not have experience with SQL.

Regards,
Andrew Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 16:17:51 CEST

Original text of this message