Re: Orbitz dumps RAC for better reliability

From: Keith <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:16:40 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] Stonebraker's original contribution is far different from today's [Quoted] PostgreSQL. Also it is based on postgres not Ingres. Ingres goes back to earlier work. Please research before you post.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Note: good designs comes often come from academia or research [Quoted] [Quoted] institutions like Bell Labs. Relational Data Management came from an [Quoted] academic and researcher, E.F. Codd. Larry and his cohorts simple ripped off the research paper.

[Quoted] [Quoted] In my opinion, Oracle today is simply an organization of Marketeers and salespeople.