Re: Discoverer 4.1 - Convert EUL to Apps EUL

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:50:23 GMT

Thanks. I just found this info while doing some other research yesterday. I didn't realize you could export the business areas; I was only thinking of export in terms of database export/import (users, tables).

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:24:49 +0100, "Connell" <news_NOSPAM_at_mcmenamin.me.uk> wrote:

>Steve,
>
>Yes you can do this.
>
>1. Take an EUL level export of all your business areas on the 8.0.5 DB
>2. Create the APPS mode EUL
>3. Grant Admin Privileges to an Apps user set up to maintain the Discoverer
>EUL.
>4. From the admin edition, import the .eex file that was created in step 1.
>5. Refresh the Business Areas and resolve any validation issues - you may
>find for example that you need to set up grants on certain objects in your
>EUL or that the Apps schema(s) don't contain the objects that the EUL was
>pointing to on the 8.0.5 Database. Note that if the objects that were being
>referenced on the 8.0.5 Database don't exist in the apps DB then you'll
>obviously have lots of these issues!
>
>That should be it pretty much, but as always test it a coupla times first!
>

>Connell.
>

>"Steven C. Kondolf" <skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hello -
>>
>> We have an EUL defined on our 8.0.5 database and use Discoverer 4.1 to
>> access it. We are considering moving it to another server and tying
>> it into our Oracle Applications 11.03 system so we can better
>> integrate the data.
>>
>> I've been able to create an "apps only" EUL and can successfully
>> connect with Discoverer 4.1 but now we would like to convert our
>> "standalone" EUL over to an "apps" EUL that will properly access the
>> application tables/views without losing our current definitions.
>>
>> Has anyone actually done this? Is it possible? Any suggestions
>> welcome.
>> Peace,
>> Steve
>> skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com

Peace,
Steve
skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com Received on Sat Jul 12 2003 - 15:50:23 CEST

Original text of this message