upload/download documents via web forms 6i (Do I have to use JAVA?)

From: steve deno <sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 11:58:00 -0700

Hello all,

I have a forms application(Oracle 8.1.6 , forms 6i) where I use an OLE container item mapped to a CLOB field which allows the user to right click and upload a document which is then saved in the database. The user can then double-click to look at the document in Word after querying the record.

I need to make this functionality work via web forms on 9iAS v. 1.0.221

Do I have to write Java for this? or is there an easier/better way for someone without JAVA skills? Does anyone know of code samples or step-by steps? Or just oppinions on the best way.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 20:58:00 CEST

Original text of this message