Is it possible to automate tasks in Oracle JInitiator?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 12:23:58 -0700

I want to write a program (in Java, Perl...) to automatically login our Oracle Financial 11i site. That's easy. But I also hope to let the program do some simple work such as running a simple report. This doesn't sound easy or is not possible at all. The 11i form where an Oracle report is run is a complicated Java applet launched from Oracle JInitiator. It doesn't belong to the browser process any more and talks to a different process (forms) on the server side. Unless we know all the commands in the forms protocol, I don't think this is possible. Please advise.

So far I'm not aware of any tool, commercial or not, that can do this, except for WinRunner which takes a completely different approach. It simulates your mouse and keyboard action.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 21:23:58 CEST

Original text of this message