Re: Oracle 8i installation problem

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:33:32 -0700

Marty wrote:

> I am trying to install 8i enterprise edition on Windows XP. Here is
> the problem: the cd will spin and start the "autrun" sequence.
> However, when I click the install button the cd will spin for a minute
> and then shut down. No error messages display. Any suggestions would
> be greatly appreciated.

[Quoted] Before asking questions search for the answer. This question has been asked and answered here hundreds, if not thousands, of times. Go to http://www.google.com and/or http://otn.oracle.com and look up problems related to installation of 8i on Pentium 4 and with Windowx XP.

Note too that Oracle does not certify against anything other than the Professional version of XP.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu