Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager on XP

From: Richard Smith <richard.smith25_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 20:40:10 GMT

On my WinXP-Professional PC using OEM 2.2 on 8.1.7.4, I've had much more consistent results starting the OEM Console, DBA Studio, etc. by editing the .bat file to use the JRE 1.1.8 used by newer Oracle Java components. Using the 1.1.7 JRE on XP seems incredibly flaky; many days it will start on the first try, other days you try killing jrew.exe until your wrists cramp up and it still won't start. Haven't had a failed start using JRE 1.1.8 yet.

"Amadou O. Wane" <nobody_at_nobody.com> wrote in message news:ba3otf$p29oj$1_at_ID-18576.news.dfncis.de...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install Enterprise Manager for Oracle 8.1.7.1 on Windows
XP,