Re: privilege explain plan top sessions all_objects

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 May 2003 15:46:44 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<02rccvs75il4r84a99hs6kkj3s3cg86fdo_at_4ax.com>...
> On 16 May 2003 15:43:38 -0700, joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote:
>
> >OK, so SYSTEM has access through the DBA role. Why is it having a
> >problem? It doesn't have problems with other cursors from the same
> >session.
> >
> >Running this same experiment on another database that does not have a
> >plan table doesn't give an error! So that leads me to think it must
> >have something to do with the plan table access by SYSTEM. Hmmmmm...
> >what could be different about this cursor that it would block access
> >to the plan table? The problem is replicable... adding the plan table
> >to the other database also shows it. I don't have to get the 923
> >error to see this effect either, the OCI code will perform the
> >ALL_OBJECTS stuff if I put in any table that doesn't exist, and top
> >sessions will consistently give the error on only that cursor.
>

> Try running as SYS and you won't have this problem. Als you don't even
> WANT to know the explain plan (it's awful and you can't change it
> anyway!!!)

Well, running as sys works perfectly fine. However, I'm trying to convince admins _not_ to run everything as sys and root, so if there is another way...

I didn't care so much about the explain plan, just about the privilege. But now that I've seen it, I'm wondering if the dba role missed one of those tables.

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.  Ay Caramba!