Re: privilege explain plan top sessions all_objects

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 19:08:09 +0200

[Quoted] On 16 May 2003 15:43:38 -0700, joel-garry_at_home.com (Joel Garry) wrote:

>OK, so SYSTEM has access through the DBA role. Why is it having a
>problem? It doesn't have problems with other cursors from the same
>session.
>
>Running this same experiment on another database that does not have a
>plan table doesn't give an error! So that leads me to think it must
>have something to do with the plan table access by SYSTEM. Hmmmmm...
>what could be different about this cursor that it would block access
>to the plan table? The problem is replicable... adding the plan table
>to the other database also shows it. I don't have to get the 923
>error to see this effect either, the OCI code will perform the
>ALL_OBJECTS stuff if I put in any table that doesn't exist, and top
>sessions will consistently give the error on only that cursor.

Try running as SYS and you won't have this problem. Als you don't even WANT to know the explain plan (it's awful and you can't change it anyway!!!)

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat May 17 2003 - 19:08:09 CEST

Original text of this message